Saucy Mama Pacific Rim Ginger Summer Party Rolls
vegan, makes 8 summer rolls
8 spring roll wrappers
16 ounces extra firm tofu
1 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
1 1/2 cups mixed cabbage slaw
3/4 cup Saucy Mama Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 olive oil for sauteing
optional extras: wasabi, Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing dipping sauce, fortune cookies
1. Drain and squeeze dry your tofu - with a paper towel or tofu press. Slice into long cubed strips. Add to large bowl. Add in your Saucy Mama Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing and allow to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
2. Start the rolls! Add olive oil to your saute pan. When oil is hot, add in your marinated tofu and about about 3 Tbsp of the leftover dressing that the tofu was soaking in. Saute until the edges brown and the tofu edges become sightly toasted - and all the liquid has been absorbed or cooked down. Remove from heat, set aside.
Sauteed Marinated Tofu..
3. Grab your slaw - you can use a pre-shredded mix like I did or thinly slice some cabbage yourself. Toss your slaw into the same large bowl that you were marinating your tofu in - there should be about 2+ Tbsp of the Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing left in the bowl. Toss the slaw in the dressing until well coated. If you need to add another splash of the dressing, go for it.
4. Open your mandarin oranges, drain, set aside.
5. Time to prep your rice wrappers and assemble your rolls. Soak the rice wrappers one at a time in a shallow saute pan of boiling water - over medium heat. They will become soft in about 10-15 seconds - follow directions on package if they differ. Transfer the wrapper to a plate and add your filling: slaw, tofu and mandarins - add a few dashes of pepper as well. Wrap as you would a burrito and set aside. Continue until all your wrappers and filing are used up. Tip! I like to splash my softened wrappers in ice water - I find it helps keeps them less sticky and easier to work with. It may take a few tries to get used to working with the wrappers - but once you get it, it’s easy breezy.
6. Serve! Serve with a side of wasabi, some extra Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing as a dipping sauce and maybe some fortune cookies as well. Happy Summer Roll eating!
Reasons to eat breakfast
- HEALTHY EATING HABITS – It is well established that people who eat breakfast consume less fat and cholesterol and more vitamins, minerals, and fiber than people who skip breakfast.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – the National Weight Control Registry reported that people who eat breakfast have an easier time managing their weight than people who skip breakfast.
- PORTION CONTROL – In general, people who eat breakfast have an easier time controlling their caloric intake throughout the day than those who don’t.
- REDUCED RISK OF DIABETES – A report by the American Heart Association showed that people who eat breakfast are significantly less likely to develop diabetes than people who skip breakfast.
- MORE ENERGY – A healthy breakfast can provide your body with the nutrients that you need to stay energized for several hours.
- FITNESS – It is believed that people who eat breakfast have more energy and therefore may participate in more physical activity than people who skip breakfast.
- FOCUS – According to the American Dietetic Association, people who eat breakfast have an easier time focusing and are more productive throughout the morning than people who skip breakfast.
- MEMORY – Eating breakfast improves memory and learning.
- BETTER MOOD – Skipping breakfast can make you feel grumpy and fatigued throughout the day. Taking just 10 minutes to eat something in the morning can really improve your mood.
- BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL – Help your children to develop healthy eating habits at an early age by encouraging them to eat breakfast. If they see you eating breakfast, they are more likely to eat breakfast too.
Breakfast is delicious